|High School:||Redondo Union HS|
2016 Association of Division III Independents Cross Country Third Team 2015 Association of Division III Independents Cross Country First Team
UC Santa Cruz Success:
- 2016-17: Cross Country - Competed at the 2016 NDNU Argo invite placing 14th at the teams 4th runner and helping the UCSC men to a second place team finish...Competed at the 42nd Charles Bowles Invite running a personal best time of 26:40 and moved up to 16th on the UCSC all-time list and was the 5th scorer across the line for UCSC...Concluded season with a return to the NCAA West Regional Championship running as the team's 5th scorer despite losing a shoe in the opening mile...Named to the 2016 Association of Division III Independents Cross Country All Conference Second Team.
- 2015-16: Cross Country - Opened season at the San Francisco Cross Country Invitational running 28:01...Competed at the Pomona-Pitzer Cross Country Invitational running a personal best of 27:11...Had a huge personal best at the Banana Slug Invitational running 26:43 for a 7th place overall finish...Returned to the NCAA West Regional Championship running 27:40 for 57th place...Named to the 2015 Association of Division III Independents Cross Country All Conference First Team. Outdoor - Began outdoor season at the Johnny Mathis Invitational running both the 1500m (4:11.14) and the 800m (2:05.45)…Competed at the 2016 Stanislaus Kim Duyst Invitational running the 800m (2:05.45) and 1500m (4:15.01)…Competed at the 2016 ARC Invitational running a huge personal best in the 800m (1:58.46) and 1500m (4:07.87)…Competed at the San Francisco State Distance Carnival running personal bests again in the 800m (1:58.27) and the 1500m (4:05.17)…Competed at the Chico State Distance Carnival & Twilight running the 1500m (4:09.74) and winning the 800m (1:58.96)…Competed at the Bulldog Invitational running 800m (1:58.88) and 1500m (4:05.70)…Finished season at the Steve Scott Invitational running a huge personal best of 4:02.83.
- 2014-15: Cross Country - Made UCSC Cross Country debut at the San Francisco Cross Country Invitational running 29:30 for his first 8k...Competed at the WCC Preview running a personal best of 28:35...Competed at the Stanford Cross Country Invitational running another huge personal best of 27:26...Competed at the Bronco Invitational running 27:52...Competed at the NAIA West Coast Jamboree running 27:58...Concluded his freshman season at the NCAA West Regional Cross Country Championship running 27:27 for 72nd place. Outdoor - Competed at the San Francisco State Distance Carnival running both the 800m (2:02.78) and 1500m (4:09.88)...Ran the 800m (2:05.12) at the 2015 East bay Legacy Invitational...Concluded his freshman year at the UC Irvine Steve Scott Invitational running the 800m (2:02.16) and 1500m (4:11.49).
High School/Club Success:
- Competed in Cross Country and Track & Field for the Redondo Union High School Sea Hawks.
- Competed at the 2012 and the 2013 CIF State Cross Country Championships.
- Placed 5th in the 4x800m relay at the Arcadia Invitational.
- Rachel Carson College
- Born November 17th, 1995
- He is the son of family of Masako and Tomohiro Yamaya. He has a twin brother Torayuki.
- Favorite thing about UCSC: The good view from the East Field in the morning.
- Favorite Athlete: Lionel Messi
- Favorite Superhero: Takehero
- Favorite Color: Blue
- Hobbies: Soccer, movies, and watching sports game.
NCAA DIII Cross Country West Regional
- 2016-87th, 28:41.8
- 2015-57th, 27:40.9
- 2014-72nd, 27:27.7